When you no longer have a need for your storage unit there are some easy steps that can help your move out go as smoothly as possible.
- Check your lease about what kind of notice to vacate is required. Just like an apartment rental, storage unit agreements will require a notice to vacate. Our leases require payment for our two month minimum up front, along with a refundable security deposit.
- After the first two months the lease continues on a month to month basis. If you only need the storage unit for the two month minimum let us know and move in so we can make a note of it.
- If you need the storage unit for longer then you are renting from month to month.
- Give proper notice to vacate. Our storage agreements require a 30 day notice to vacate your unit. As the storage leases run from month to month, you will want to give notice 30 days prior to the start of your last month. Example: You want to vacate at the end of November. Call or email us by the last day of October.
- Clean out the storage unit. Remove everything in the unit. Sweep out your storage space. If you used pallets that we provided you can leave these inside the unit.
- Turn your keys in back at our main office by the last day of the month you are using the unit at 2215 W Nordale Drive in Appleton. Leave the lock on your unit.
- If your address changed since you moved into your unit, provide us your new mailing address at move out so we have the correct location to mail your security deposit.
We don’t move you out of our system until you get the keys to us. If you end up needing the unit for another month just let us know. You are not required to vacate your storage unit the date you gave notice for. Just get us an updated date to vacate your unit and pay for another month of storage.
Once we receive your keys we check the unit to make sure it was cleaned out. Then a check for your storage deposit is mailed to you usually within a week.
© By Stor-it. All Rights Reserved
Site By: Packerland Websites