You need a storage unit, and you may need it asap. Before you sign a self-storage rental agreement, here are some of the main areas you should consider.
Is the storage facility in close proximity to where you reside? If you have to drive across Appleton to get to your storage unit it may or may not be a good fit for you. Regular visits to your storage unit would be better served with a storage facility within a few miles of you. Storage that requires infrequent visits could be served by a facility that is close to places that you frequently drive by, such as work or shopping.
How Did Your First Contact With The Storage Facility Go?
Storage unit owners in Appleton, Neenah and the Fox Valley fall into many of the following categories:
- Renting storage units is not my full time job. I work at XYZ Company during the day, but I will do my best to serve you. I may not answer the phone, but will return your call when I get to it.
- I’m retired. Renting storage units is something that I do, but I may be pre-occupied with something else. I may or may not answer the phone, but will return your call when I get to it.
- Storage units are our business. We have an office and weekly office hours. We answer the phone. You can email or text and we will respond quickly. If you leave a message we will get back to you asap.
We commonly hear “you were the only place that answered your phone” when someone calls Stor It looking for a storage unit.
Renting storage units is our business at Stor It, we’ve been in business for 30 years in Appleton, Neenah and the Fox Valley. Renting a storage unit is not an overly complicated process, but we strive to do our best every day. When the phone rings, ALL of our cell phones ring at the same time so that we can respond quicker. If we are helping another storage customer and miss your call, we monitor text messages, voicemails and email each weekday and on the weekend.
Ask The Storage Manager Questions
Renting your storage unit takes only a few minutes. After you rent your unit is when the quality of your choice usually shows. Ask a few questions before renting your storage unit. It’s ok, you are the customer:
- How do I contact you when I need something?
- Can you email me a monthly billing reminder?
- How do I get a receipt for my monthly storage payments?
- Do you provide the lock and keys for my unit?
- What if I lose my keys or can’t get into my storage unit? You may get one of two responses:
- It’s your lock, it’s your problem.
- I’ll be there asap and help you get into your storage unit.
- How do I end my storage unit lease?
- Can I access my storage unit account online? Can I pay online?
- Do you have auto-pay capability to make my busy life easier?
- Do you do anything about mice and insects near my storage unit?
- Do I need insurance? Do you offer insurance for my storage unit? Can I use my own insurance carrier?
- Do you provide pallets free of charge for me to use in my unit?
- Can I put an alternate contact on file for my storage unit in case you can’t reach me?
- I can’t get to your office today but need a unit today. Can you still help me?
To Quote Aaron Rodgers “RELAX”
Renting a storage unit should be one of lesser complicated things you will do. Make some calls, ask questions and trust your instincts. We hope this makes you a bit more comfortable if you are renting your first storage unit. Please call (920-734-1265), text or email our office if you have any questions and we will be happy to assist you.
© By Stor-it. All Rights Reserved
Site By: Packerland Websites