If you’re like most of us, your car is a pretty large investment that you can’t do without. Why leave it outdoors, where it can suffer damage from UV exposure, bird droppings, and inclement weather? Storing it in a garage will keep it a lot cleaner, safer, and could help prolong its life.
It’s estimated that only 30 percent of us store our cars in the garage. Why? We have too much stuff taking up the space where our cars could go. These garage storage ideas will help you get rid of anything you don’t need.
- Set aside enough time to get the job done. You will likely need at least a full day, or even a full weekend or two.
- Make the project a family project, maybe even inviting a few friends or neighbors to come over and pitch in. This will make it go a lot faster.
- Go through absolutely everything, including boxes you might not have unpacked when you moved in, or haven’t looked through in years—you never know what you have hiding in your garage until you look.
Sort all items into three piles: keep, donate or sell, and toss. Items that will likely need to be tossed include anything that is broken and cannot be repaired, outgrown toys, or anything you haven’t used in two or more years. For items that you cannot dispose of but simply don’t have room for anymore, a great option is renting a storage unit. You can rent a variety of sizes, depending on your storage needs. Here are a few examples:
- 10×10 – The size of a small bedroom
- 10×15 – The size of an average sized living room
- 10 x 20 – The size of a single stall garage
StorIt has multiple locations, in Neenah and Appleton, meaning that you can rent a storage unit close to you for a reasonable price. There’s no time like the present to check “clean out the garage” off of your to-do list, and StorIt is here to help. If you have further questions, or want to rent a storage unit in Appleton or Neenah, give us a call at (920) 734-1265.
© By Stor-it. All Rights Reserved
Site By: Packerland Websites